- ½ tsp each white peppercorns and fennel seeds, dry-roasted
- 1 tsp finely grated lime rind
- 200 gm piece of kingfish fillet, thinly sliced
- To garnish: micro-herbs
- 1 tbsp finely chopped Spanish onion
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 25 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ small Lebanese cucumber, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1For dressing, combine onion and lime juice and stand for 5 minutes or until onion turns pink, add oil and cucumber, stir and set aside.
- 2Combine spices in a mortar and, using a pestle, coarsely crush, then add lime rind and 2 tsp sea salt and stir to combine.
- 3Using a 10cm-diameter round cutter as a mould, layer kingfish on plate. Remove mould, spoon over cucumber dressing. Serve scattered with fennel and lime salt and micro-herbs.
Drink suggestion by Max Allen
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsThe best places to visit in Queenstown, New ZealandYesterday 2:30am