- 100 gm fine-grain burghul
- 300 gm lean medium-minced lamb, such as lamb skirt, chilled
- 1/3 tsp coarsely ground toasted cumin
- Large pinch each of ground allspice and sumac, plus extra to serve
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ white onion, finely diced
- To serve: extra-virgin olive oil
- To serve: natural yoghurt and flatbread (optional)
Pomegranate and herb salad
- Seeds of ½ pomegranate
- ½ cup each coarsely torn coriander, mint and flat-leaf parsley
- Thinly sliced rind of ½ preserved lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1Soak burghul for 10 minutes in warm water until just tender, then drain and set aside to cool.
- 2Combine lamb in a bowl with spices and garlic, and season well to taste. Squeeze excess moisture from burghul, add to mixture, stir to combine and refrigerate until required.
- 3For pomegranate and herb salad, combine ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
- 4To serve, spoon kibbeh onto a plate. Scatter onion over, drizzle with oil, then top with pomegranate and herb salad. Sprinkle with extra allspice and sumac and serve with yoghurt and flatbread to the side.
Drink Suggestion: Crisp cold lager. Drink suggestion by Max Allen
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Browse All RecipesArtichoke and salted ricotta tart with salsa verdeYesterday 10:00pm