We've gone old-school and served the sorbetto in frozen, hollowed-out lemon halves, or you can use bowls or glasses instead. We recommend putting them in the freezer to chill well to better keep the sorbetto from melting quicker than you can eat it.
- 330 gm (1½ cups) caster sugar
- 250 ml (1 cup) strained lemon juice
- 100 ml limoncello
- Finely grated lemon rind, to serve (optional)
- 1Stir sugar and 375ml water in a saucepan over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves, bring to the boil and cook for 1 minute, then refrigerate until chilled.
- 2Add lemon juice, limoncello and 250ml water to sugar syrup, stir to combine, then freeze in an ice-cream machine. Store in an airtight container in the freezer until firm (2-3 hours) and serve in chilled bowls or frozen lemon halves with a little lemon rind grated over the top.
Note This recipe makes about 1 litre.