This luxe sandwich is perfectly festive for breakfast, lunch or supper.
- 6 rindless bacon rashers
- 12 thin slices rye bread
- 1 radicchio, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 4 cooked lobster tails, meat picked and finely chopped
- 200 gm good-quality mayonnaise
- Few drops Tabasco, or to taste
- 1 bunch chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1For lobster mayonnaise, combine ingredients in a bowl and season to taste. Refrigerate until required.
- 2Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat and cook bacon, turning occasionally, until golden (4-8 minutes). Meanwhile, lightly toast rye bread, set aside.
- 3Place radicchio on half the toast slices, top with tomato, avocado and parsley. Coarsely chop bacon and scatter over, then top with lobster mayonnaise. Season to taste, sandwich with remaining toast slices and serve.