- Meat from 1 <b><a href='/recipes/recipe-search/masterclass/2008/12/preparing-a-fresh-lobster/'>freshly prepared lobster</a></b>
- For sandwich: sliced sourdough bread, shredded cos lettuce, sliced tomato and fried bacon
- 500 ml (2 cups) olive oil
- 500 gm reserved lobster shells, crushed with a mortar and pestle
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1For mayonnaise, combine oil and shells in a saucepan and cook over low heat for 30 minutes. Drain oil through a fine sieve (discard shells), set aside to cool. Makes about 500ml.
- 2Process yolks, garlic and lemon juice in a food processor until smooth. With motor running, add 400ml lobster oil in a thin steady stream until incorporated. Season to taste. Mayonnaise will keep refrigerated for 1 week.
- 3Slice tail meat and transfer to a bowl. Add leg meat and enough mayonnaise to coat well. Season to taste.
- 4Top half the bread slices with lettuce and tomato, then lobster mixture and bacon. Sandwich with remaining bread and serve.