The dandelion leaves in this salad have a subtle and slightly bitter flavour. You can substitute sliced white witlof. Lobster needs nothing more than a drizzling of melted butter or extra-virgin olive oil, but the addition of lemon and garlic gives the butter a bit of a lift. Try to use a good creamy cultured butter.
- 2 live green lobsters (about 1kg each)
- 70 gm young organic dandelion leaves
- 3 inner celery heart stalks, thinly sliced
- 12 green Sicilian olives
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
Garlic and lemon butter
- 100 gm butter, coarsely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1Place lobsters in the freezer to render them insensible (30 minutes). Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of heavily salted water to the boil. Boil lobsters until just cooked through (15 minutes), then drain and set aside to cool slightly.
- 2Meanwhile, for garlic and lemon butter, combine butter, garlic and lemon rind in a small saucepan, melt slowly over a low heat until aromatic and combined (3-5 minutes). Add lemon juice, season to taste, set aside.
- 3Remove head from lobster (discard) and remove legs (set aside). Halve lobster tails and transfer to serving plates. Combine dandelion leaves, celery, olives and oil in a bowl. Season to taste, toss to combine, then divide among serving plates. Drizzle lobster tails with garlic and lemon butter, serve hot with extra lemon juice and lobster legs.
Drink Suggestion: Top-quality chardonnay. Drink suggestion by Max Allen