- 440 gm coconut tapioca
- 2 large mangoes, sliced
- 2 bananas, sliced
- ½ large papaya, sliced
- 3 passionfruit, pulp only
- 125 ml lime juice (½ cup)
- 110 gm caster sugar (½ cup)
- 2 small kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 limes, rinds finely grated
- 1For kaffir lime syrup, combine lime juice and caster sugar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and stir to dissolve sugar (1-2 minutes). Remove from the heat, refrigerate to cool, then stir in kaffir lime leaves and lime rind.
- 2Divide tapioca among serving bowls, top with fruit, drizzle with lime syrup and serve.
Note Coconut tapioca pudding is quick to make; it just needs some time to soak. Combine 400ml canned coconut milk, 150gm tapioca and 250ml water in a large saucepan and leave to soak for 1½-2 hours (add a knotted pandan leaf, available from Asian grocers, or ½ vanilla bean and seeds if you like). Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook, stirring continuously, until tapioca is tender and translucent (15-20 minutes). Stir in 2 tbsp caster sugar, 2 tbsp finely grated palm sugar and a good pinch of salt, and refrigerate until well chilled.