- 375 gm butter puff pastry (see note)
- 20 gm melted butter
- 2 mangoes, cheeks removed, peeled and thinly sliced lengthways
- 30 gm demerara sugar
- 10 gm caster sugar
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- To serve: strawberries and raspberries
- 50 gm strawberries, hulled and coarsely chopped
- 40 gm pure icing sugar
- 50 gm raspberries
- 450 gm crème fraîche
- 20 ml limoncello liqueur
- 1Preheat oven to 180C. Cut four 11cm-squares from pastry and place on a baking paper-lined oven tray. Make a shallow incision (don’t cut all the way through the pastry) 1cm in from all sides of pastry squares to form a border, then prick inside squares using a fork. Brush with melted butter, then layer mango slices to fit within borders. Brush mango lightly with butter.
- 2Combine sugars and lemon rind in a small bowl, then scatter over pastry squares. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and glazed. Cool for 5 minutes on tray, then transfer to a wire rack.
- 3Meanwhile, for berry fool, combine strawberries and half the icing sugar in a bowl and, using a fork, coarsely crush strawberries. Add raspberries and stir through. In a separate bowl, whisk crème fraîche, limoncello and remaining icing sugar until soft peaks form, then gently fold through berry mixture to create a rippled effect. Refrigerate until required.
- 4Serve mango galettes, warm or at room temperature, with extra fruit and berry fool.
We used Carême Butter Puff Pastry, which comes pre-rolled, see
. You can also use frozen butter puff pastry sheets from supermarkets.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCasarecce with pork sausage, cavolo nero and chilliYesterday 6:00am