Tapioca pearls in coconut milk make a refreshing dessert, here spiked with salt as a foil for sweet mango and papaya.
- 2 mangoes, peeled and cut into small wedges
- ½ papaya, peeled and cut into small wedges
- 100 gm tapioca pearls
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1For coconut tapioca, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and sprinkle in tapioca. Boil, topping up with extra boiling water from the kettle if necessary, until translucent (25-30 minutes). Drain in a sieve, rinse under cold running water to remove excess starch, drain and transfer to a bowl. Stir in coconut milk and ½ tsp salt and refrigerate to chill (at least 3 hours).
- 2Divide tapioca among plates, top with mango, papaya, coconut and lime rind, scatter with coconut sugar and serve with lime wedges.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am