- 4 banana or jalapeño chillies
- 2 corn cobs, husk and silks removed
- For brushing: olive oil
- 400 gm canned black beans, drained and rinsed (see note)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 8 tortillas, warmed
- 1 baby butter lettuce, coarsely torn
- To serve: sour cream and coriander sprigs
- 1Heat a chargrill over high heat, brush chillies with oil, cook for 10 minutes or until blackened, transfer to a bowl, cover and set aside. Brush corn with oil and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook on chargrill, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until tender and lightly charred. Cut corn from cob and keep warm. Peel skin from chillies, remove stalk, cut lengthways, scrape out seeds and tear into lengths.
- 2Combine black beans, garlic and cumin, mash coarsely with a fork and season to taste.
- 3Place tortillas on a work surface, divide lettuce between tortillas, top with chilli, black beans, corn, sour cream and coriander sprigs, roll up and serve.
ALSO IN SEASON
Fruit and nuts Apple, banana, berries, breadfruit, feijoa, fig, grape, guava, kiwifruit, lemon, lime, mangosteen, melons (honeydew, rockmelon), nashi, nectarine, nuts (almond, chestnut, hazelnut, pistachio, walnut), orange, papaya, passionfruit, peach, persimmon, plum, pomegranate, rambutan, tamarillo.
Vegetables Asian greens, avocado, beans, capsicum, daikon (white radish), eggplant, leek, lettuce, okra, onions, peas, potato, pumpkin, shallot, silverbeet, spinach, squash, sweet potato, tomato, zucchini.
Seafood Atlantic salmon, leatherjacket, King George whiting, crabs (blue swimmer, mud), Sydney rock oyster, prawns (king, endeavour, tiger), rock lobster, squid. Black beans (frijoles negros) are available from The Essential Ingredient and speciality food stores. If unavailable, substitute with kidney beans.