- 6 cooked marron, meat removed and cut into thirds lengthways (about 300gm)
- 400 gm kipfler potatoes, peeled, boiled and thickly sliced
- 500 gm white or green asparagus, blanched, then refreshed in iced water and drained
- 60 gm fresh black truffle, thinly sliced
- 200 gm curly endive, washed (see note)
- 2 punnets lamb's lettuce (mâche), trimmed and washed
- 1 tbsp chervil leaves
- 1 tbsp aged Agrodolce-style cabernet sauvignon vinegar (see note)
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- 10 gm fresh black truffle, finely chopped
- 125 ml extra-virgin olive oil (½ cup)
- 1For truffle dressing, combine vinegar, wine and truffle in a bowl and whisk to combine. Add olive oil in a steady stream, whisking until incorporated. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground white pepper.
- 2For salad, divide ingredients between serving bowls, drizzle with truffle dressing and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.
Note Curly endive and lamb's lettuce are available from specialty greengrocers. Agrodolce-style cabernet sauvignon vinegar is available from Simon Johnson and The Essential Ingredient. The nearest substitute is a good-quality aged red wine vinegar.
Drink Suggestion: Bottle-aged Hunter semillon. Drink suggestion by Max Allen