Make this fruit gazpacho ahead to give it time to chill thoroughly, then give it a good stir just before you serve it. Add ripe tomatoes tossed in a little sherry vinegar, some prawns and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, and it becomes a smart summer entrée.
- 2/3 rockmelon
- 1/4 small seedless watermelon
- basil, to serve
- 1 kg peeled seedless watermelon, coarsely chopped
- 90 gm rice malt syrup, or to taste
- juice of 1⁄2 lime, or to taste
- 1For melon gazpacho, process ingredients in a blender until very smooth. Transfer to a plastic container and refrigerate until chilled (2-3 hours). It will separate with time, so stir it thoroughly before serving.
- 2Scoop rockmelon and half the watermelon into balls with a melon baller, and cut the remaining watermelon into small wedges.
- 3Divide melon among bowls, pour in gazpacho, season with ground black pepper, top with basil and serve well chilled.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Browse All RecipesArtichoke and salted ricotta tart with salsa verdeYesterday 10:00pm