- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 400 gm long-grain rice (2 cups)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 400 ml warm chicken stock or water
- 120 gm frozen baby peas (1 cup)
- 1Preheat oven to 180C. Place tomatoes on an oven tray and roast for 10 minutes or until soft. When cool enough to handle, peel and finely chop. Set aside.
- 2Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat, add rice and onion and cook for 10 minutes or until rice is brown. Add garlic, cook for another minute, add tomato and stir through, then add stock and cook, covered, over low heat for 15 minutes. Scatter over peas, cover and stand for 5 minutes. Stir and serve scattered with coriander.