What can be more refreshing than a cold beer on a hot day? Answer: a cold beer with a splash of lime juice and a dash of hot sauce. Like most things, the success of a Michelada is all in the balance. Taste and go until the mix is spot on.
- Sea salt flakes
- Juice of 1 lime (reserve one squeezed lime half), plus lime slices to serve
- 1 (330ml) pilsner or pale lager, preferably Mexican, chilled
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce, to serve
- 1Pour salt into a small bowl to the depth of about 1cm. Rub reserved lime half around the rim of two chilled beer glasses, then dip rims in salt flakes to lightly coat.
- 2Half-fill glasses with beer, add lime juice and top with ice. Add remaining ingredients to taste, stir with a swizzle stick and serve topped with a slice of lime.