These are traditionally served as an aperitif snack and are great for a party. You can make them in advance, refrigerate and bake when needed. This recipe makes about 16.
- 100 gm puff pastry
- 2/3 cup goat’s curd, such as Woodside Goat Curd, or fromage blanc
- 60 ml thickened cream (¼ cup)
- 2 egg yolks
- 50 gm bacon, finely diced
- 1 golden shallot, thinly sliced into 16 rounds
- ½ cup salad leaves (loosely packed)
- 1Preheat oven to 230C. Roll out pastry onto a lightly floured surface to 4mm thick and, using a 4cm-diameter round pastry cutter, cut out rounds and place on a lightly oiled baking tray.
- 2Combine curd, cream and egg yolks and season with sea salt and black pepper. Place 1 tsp of curd mixture in centre of each round, scatter over bacon and shallot and refrigerate until ready to serve. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Scatter over leaves and serve.
Drink Suggestion: Grand cru Alsatian riesling. Drink suggestion by Andy Harris