"A deliciously fresh, herbal tiki cocktail created by Don the Beachcomber circa 1948," notes White Lightning's Richard Boccato. "The sweetness of peach and honey combine well with the freshness of mint and lime, with white rum providing the backbone and pineapple coming to the party providing fruity length."
- 45 ml white rum
- 30 ml fresh pineapple juice, plus pineapple wedges, to garnish
- 22 ml lime juice
- 22 ml honey syrup (see note)
- 15 ml peach liqueur
- 8-10 mint leaves, plus sprigs to garnish
- 1Combine rum, pineapple juice, lime juice, honey syrup, peach liqueur, mint leaves and ½ cup crushed ice in a blender and blend on high speed until ice becomes liquid. Taste for balance, adjusting with more lime juice, rum or syrup and re-blending as necessary.
- 2Pour into a hurricane glass, garnish with mint sprigs, fresh fruit, umbrellas and the like, and serve.
Note To make honey syrup, gently heat 3 parts honey to 1 part water in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring to combine, then set aside to cool.