This dish is named after Mont Blanc in Europe for its snow-capped-mountain appearance.
- 500 gm cooked and peeled chestnuts (see note)
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk
- 75 gm (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 ml thickened cream, whisked to soft peaks, refrigerated until required
- To serve: finely grated dark chocolate (65% cocoa solids)
- 1Combine chestnuts with milk, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan and cook over low heat until chestnuts are soft (20-30 minutes). Cool, then process in a food processor until puréed, pass through a potato ricer into 4 serving dishes, forming mountain-like piles. Top each with cream and grated chocolate and serve immediately.
Cooked and peeled chestnuts are available in vacuum-sealed packs from select delicatessens.