Based on Mary Taylor Simeti's recipe in Bitter Almonds (Bantam Books).
- 250 gm plain flour
- 100 gm caster sugar
- 100 gm butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 80 gm lemon marmalade (1/3 cup)
- For dusting: icing sugar
- 1Pulse flour and sugar in a food processor to combine, add butter and blend until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add egg yolks, one at a time, pulsing after each to combine. Add just enough cold water to allow dough to come together, then wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 190C. Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface to 5mm thick.
Cut out ovals using a 8cm x 7cm oval cutter (or a 8cm-diameter cutter). Spoon ½ tsp of lemon marmalade into the centre of each oval, bring together the long ends and pinch to join.
- 3Place biscuits on baking paper-lined oven trays and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Transfer to wire racks to cool. Dust with icing sugar and serve.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Browse All RecipesArtichoke and salted ricotta tart with salsa verdeYesterday 10:00pm