- 60 gm butter, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300 gm mixed mushrooms, such as field, Swiss brown and pine, thickly sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 8 eggs
- 3 tbsp finely chopped mixed herbs (see note)
- 100 gm goat’s curd
- 1Heat half the butter and half the oil in a 24cm-diameter frying pan over medium-high heat until foaming, add half the mushrooms and half the garlic, season to taste and stir occasionally until browned (3-4 minutes), then reduce heat to medium.
- 2Whisk half the egg and half the herbs in a bowl to combine, season to taste, pour into pan, shaking pan to distribute herbs evenly. Cook, pulling edges into centre and tipping pan, until beginning to set (2-3 minutes). Scatter with half the goat’s curd, loosen edges with a palette knife and slide onto a warm plate, folding over as you go. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve hot with baguette and salad.
Use any combination of chives, parsley, tarragon, thyme, chervil and oregano.
This recipe is from the August 2012 issue of