- 1 qty <a href="http://www.gourmettraveller.com.au/pizza-dough.htm">pizza dough</a>
- 100 gm mascarpone
- 50 gm pecorino pepato, shaved
- 150 gm thinly sliced mushrooms, such as portobello, field, slippery Jack or chestnut
Garlic, lemon and thyme oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1For garlic, lemon and thyme oil, combine garlic, lemon rind, thyme and 2 tsp sea salt in a mortar and, using a pestle, pound to a paste. Stir in remaining ingredients and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.2 On a lightly floured work surface roll out a quarter of the dough to a 25cm round and spread with a quarter of the mascarpone. Scatter with pecorino, mushrooms and drizzle with a little garlic, lemon and thyme oil. Cook on a preheated pizza stone (see note) or heavy oven tray at 250C for 10 minutes or until golden. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Season to taste and serve immediately.
Note Pizza stones, which ensure crisp-based pizza, are available from Italian delicatessens and food stores.
This recipe is from the May 2006 issue of Australian Gourmet Traveller.