- 375 gm sheet butter puff pastry (see note)
- 300 gm ricotta
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup each (loosely packed) tarragon and flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1 lemon, finely grated rind only
- 300 gm mixed mushrooms, such as Swiss brown, shiitake or pine, coarsely torn
- 50 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 30 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tsp thyme
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Cut four 11cm-diameter rounds from pastry, place on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Score part-way through pastry with a small sharp knife to form a 1cm border. Prick inside border with a fork, refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 2Process ricotta, egg, herbs and rind in a food processor until smooth, season to taste, then spread over tart bases, inside borders. Bake until golden and crisp (15-20 minutes).
- 3Meanwhile, for roast mushrooms, place mushrooms in a single layer on a baking tray. Combine remaining ingredients, drizzle over mushrooms and roast until golden (10-12 minutes). Scatter over tarts, drizzle with roasting juices, scatter with herbs and serve warm.
Note We've used Carême butter puff pastry, which comes in 375gm pre-rolled sheets.
Drink Suggestion: Amontillado sherry. Drink suggestion by Max Allen
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am