This simple salad relies on the quality of the star ingredient, so look for ripe, juicy nectarines. It's a great accompaniment for grilled pork or prawns.
- 2 yellow nectarines, sliced
- 2 baby fennel bulbs, thinly shaved on a mandolin, fronds reserved
- 65 gm chèvre, or soft goat’s cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup (firmly packed) mint, coarsely chopped
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1For lemon-mustard dressing, whisk ingredients to combine in a small bowl and season to taste.
- 2Place nectarines in a bowl, pour dressing over and stand to marinate briefly (3-5 minutes). Add remaining ingredients, toss to combine, season to taste and serve.
Drink Suggestion: Off-dry riesling. Drink suggestion by Max Allen