You'll need to begin this recipe a day ahead.
- 350 gm dark chocolate (56% cocoa solids), finely chopped
- 100 gm dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), finely chopped
- 45 ml brandy
- 550 ml thickened cream
- 120 gm caster sugar
- 45 gm liquid glucose
- 5 egg yolks
- 180 gm nougat (see our cranberry, pistachio and almond nougat recipe), diced
- To serve: raspberries
- For dusting: pure icing sugar, sieved
- 1Place chocolate, brandy and half the cream in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring occasionally, until smooth (1-2 minutes). Set aside and keep warm. Whisk remaining cream to soft peaks and set aside.
- 2Stir sugar, glucose and 80ml water in a separate saucepan over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves, bring to the boil and cook until syrup reaches 118C on a sugar thermometer (2-3 minutes).
- 3Whisk yolks in an electric mixer until pale (2-3 minutes). Whisking continuously, gradually add sugar syrup, then whisk until cooled to room temperature (2-3 minutes). Fold in chocolate mixture, then whipped cream and refrigerate until just firm (1 hour). Fold in nougat, spoon into a 2-litre pudding bowl, smooth top and freeze until firm (overnight).
- 4Dip pudding bowl in hot water, run a palette knife around the sides, invert onto a chilled serving plate and freeze until required. Serve topped with raspberries and icing sugar.