- 4 thick slices skinless yellowfin tuna fillet (about 200gm each)
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tsp smoked sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp aged sherry vinegar, or to taste
- 1 lemon, juice only
- To serve: warm potato salad tossed with alioli, capers and coarsely torn flat-leaf parsley
- 1Place tuna in a single layer in a non-reactive dish. Combine oil, parsley and paprika in a small bowl, season to taste, pour over tuna, turning to coat, then marinate for 10 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, preheat a grill pan over very high heat. Drain tuna from marinade, cook for 30 seconds each side, transfer to a warm plate, drizzle with sherry vinegar and lemon juice to taste. Serve hot with warm potato salad tossed with alioli, capers and parsley.
ALSO IN SEASON
Strawberries, cumquats, grapefruit, lemons, mangoes, oranges.
VEGETABLES Artichokes, Asian greens, asparagus, broccoli, capsicum, cucumbers, garlic, lettuce, onions, peas, silverbeet, spinach.
Atlantic salmon, bay prawns, big-eye tuna, coral trout, eastern rock lobsters, goldband snapper, longfin eels, ocean jacket, Spanish mackerel, spanner crabs, Sydney rock oysters.
This recipe is from the October 2009 issue of .