Grilled olives with fennel
- 2 tsp fennel seeds, toasted
- 5 orange rind pieces, removed with peeler
- 125 ml (½ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 500 gm bella di Cerignola olives
- 3 baby fennel, thickly sliced widthways
- ½ bunch mint, leaves picked
- 1 clove of garlic, shaved
- 1Put fennel seeds, orange rind and olive oil in a bowl, and set aside to marinate for 1 hour.
- 2Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue to high heat, add olives, chargrill until golden and heated through (4-5 minutes). Add to fennel seed mixture. Add fennel to pan, chargrill until golden (3-5 minutes), add to olive mix. Toss through mint and garlic, and serve with bread.
Bella di Cerignola olives are available from