- 4 yellow oxheart tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, shaved, fronds reserved
- 16 pickled white anchovies (see note)
- 2 tbsp each coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley, basil and dill
Champagne vinegar dressing
- 2 tbsp Champagne vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, grated on a microplane
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp each extra-virgin olive oil and sunflower oil, plus extra to serve
- To serve: crusty white bread
- 1For Champagne vinegar dressing, whisk ingredients in a bowl, season to taste, and set aside.
- 2Arrange tomatoes on a platter, then top with fennel and anchovies, scatter herbs and reserved fennel fronds over, drizzle with Champagne vinegar dressing and serve with crusty bread.
Note Pickled white anchovies are available from David Jones food halls and select delicatessens.
Drink Suggestion: Dry fino. Drink suggestion by Max Allen
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm