You will need to dry the lime rind a day ahead.
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 sheets wasabi nori, finely shredded (see note)
- 24 oysters, shucked
- To serve: lime wedges
- 1Remove rind from lime with a peeler and using a sharp knife thinly slice rind widthways. Place rind on a plate in a warm dry place for 24 hours until dry and crisp. Combine dried rind in a bowl with sesame seeds and nori.
- 2To serve, scatter oysters with nori mixture and a squeeze of lime.
Note Wasabi-seasoned nori is available from Tokyo Mart and other Asian food stores. If unavailable, substitute with shredded roasted nori and season with powdered wasabi both available from Asian food stores.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Chef's RecipesIcebergs' ricotta with white poached quince and honeyYesterday 10:14pm