- 1 quantity <b><a href='http://www.gourmettraveller.com.au/croissants.htm'>croissant dough</a></b>, made to step 6
- 350 gm dark chocolate (60% cocoa solids; see note)
- 1Preheat oven to 220C. Halve dough widthways (return one half to refrigerator), then cut dough widthways into 4 rectangles. Scatter with one-quarter of the chocolate, then roll each rectangle to create a short flat cyclinder and continue as per step 10 of croissants recipe.
Note Speciality pain au chocolat chocolate bars are available from select French delicatessens. Alternatively, use a good-quality couverture chocolate, coarsely chopped.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm