Fresh or canned palm hearts are widely used in the Caribbean and South America in refreshing salads.
- 80 ml extra-virgin olive oil (1/3 cup)
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 400gm cans palm hearts, drained and cut into 4cm slices (see note)
- 220 gm vine-ripened baby Roma tomatoes, halved (about 10)
- ½ white onion, thinly sliced
- 8 butter lettuce leaves, to serve
- 1Combine oil and vinegar in a bowl and whisk to combine. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and set aside.
- 2Place palm hearts, tomato and onion in a bowl, pour dressing over and toss to combine. Divide mixture between lettuce leaves and place on a serving platter.
Palm hearts are available from Asian grocery stores and
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm