- 120 ml mescal or tequila
- 600 ml pink grapefruit juice, plus thickly sliced pink grapefruit, to serve
- 200 ml soda, or to taste
- To serve: lime wedges
- Finely grated rind of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1For lime-salt rim, pound ingredients in a mortar and pestle to just combine, transfer to a plate and set aside.
- 2Rub rims of tumblers with a slice of grapefruit to moisten and dip tumbler rims into lime-salt, pressing lightly, then fill tumblers with ice. Divide mescal and juice among tumblers, top with soda, add a squeeze of lime, garnish with a slice of grapefruit and serve.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsThe best places to visit in Queenstown, New ZealandYesterday 2:30am