Flathead is arguably one of the tastiest fish in the water; beware of the tiny bones that lurk within.
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) lemon juice
- 100 gm cold butter, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 1 tbsp small salted capers, soaked in cold water for 10 minutes, drained
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 125 ml (½ cup) olive oil
- 2 flathead or whiting fillets (150gm each)
- 1Heat lemon juice in a saucepan over medium heat until just simmering. Whisk in butter one piece at a time until combined and emulsified (4-5 minutes, do not boil). Add celery, capers and chives and stir to combine, season to taste and keep warm.
- 2Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Dust fish in seasoned flour, dusting off excess, add to pan and cook, turning once, until golden and crisp (3-4 minutes each side). Transfer to serving plates, spoon over sauce and serve hot with zucchini flowers.
Drink Suggestion: Savoury white vermentino. Drink suggestion by Max Allen