- 12 large uncooked prawns, cleaned, tails intact
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
Creole spice mix
- 1 tsp each coriander seeds, fenugreek and fennel seeds
- 2 dried pasilla chillies (see note)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1For Creole spice mix, dry-roast coriander, fenugreek and fennel seeds until fragrant (1-2 minutes). Grind spices, chilli and herbs in a mortar and pestle or a small food processor to a fine powder, set aside. Creole spice mix will keep for 2 weeks stored in an airtight container in a dry place.
- 2Thread prawns onto short wooden skewers lengthways through the body. Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add prawns, turn occasionally until just cooked, throwing in a good pinch of spice mix to taste and a pinch of salt while cooking (2-3 minutes). Serve hot topped with micro coriander.
Note Dried pasilla chillies are available from Herbie's Spices.
Drink Suggestion: Hoppy American pale ale. Drink suggestion by Max Allen
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am