- 250 ml (1 cup) maple syrup
- Thinly peeled rind and juice of 1 lemon and 1 orange
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 3 firm ripe pears, such as William, quartered and cored
- 1 quantity <b><a href='/pancakes.htm'>pancakes</a></b>
- 400 gm ricotta
- 60 ml (¼ cup) maple syrup
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1Combine maple syrup, rind, juice, vanilla bean and seeds in a large deep-sided frying pan and bring to the simmer over medium heat. Add pear and cook, turning pear occasionally, until tender, glazed and syrupy (10-12 minutes). Keep warm.
- 2Meanwhile, for spiced ricotta, process ingredients in a food processor until smooth and combined. Serve dolloped on top of pancakes with maple-syrup pears.