- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 120 gm flat mild pancetta, halved widthways and thinly sliced
- 2 single-clove garlics, thinly sliced (see note)
- ¼ cup torn sage leaves (loosely packed)
- 400 gm Brussels sprouts, larger ones halved (about 20)
- 60 ml chicken stock (¼ cup)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1Heat olive oil in a casserole over medium heat, add pancetta and cook until starting to crisp (2-3 minutes). Add garlic and sage and cook until just starting to colour (1 minute). Add Brussels sprouts, stir, then add chicken stock and butter and cook over medium heat until soft (14-15 minutes). Serve immediately as an accompaniment to fish or chicken.
Single-clove garlic is milder and sweeter than common garlic. If unavailable, substitute with 2 cloves of garlic per single-clove garlic.