A granita is your best friend when it comes to easy summer entertaining. This lime version is spiked with coconut rum; spiced rum would also work well. Look for papaya that's ripe, but not too soft - the flavour becomes a bit strong for this dish.
- 1 small ripe papaya, flesh cut into 4cm-5cm pieces
- 95 gm raw sugar
- 100 ml coconut rum
- 8 mint sprigs, finely chopped
- 100 ml lime juice (about 3 limes), or to taste
- 1For lime-rum granita, chill a wide, shallow tray in the freezer. Bring sugar and ½ cup water to the boil in a saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar, then pour into a bowl placed over a bowl of ice and stir until chilled (4-5 minutes). Mix in remaining ingredients, adding extra lime to taste as required. Pour into chilled tray and freeze, scraping occasionally with a fork to form crystals, until frozen (6 hours or overnight).
- 2Gently toss coconut, papaya and passionfruit pulp in a bowl, divide among serving bowls, top with granita and serve.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am