You'll need to begin this recipe a day ahead.
- 1 kg thick plain yoghurt
- 200 gm double cream
- 120 gm raw caster sugar
- 100 ml coconut liqueur, to serve
- 200 ml passionfruit pulp
Lime and mint jelly
- 660 gm caster sugar (3 cups)
- 220 ml lime juice, strained
- 1½ cups mint (firmly packed)
- 5 gelatine leaves (titanium strength), softened in cold water for 5 minutes
- 220 gm plain flour
- 220 gm raw caster sugar
- 70 gm finely grated fresh coconut
- Finely grated rind of 3 limes
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 125 gm butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 70 ml lime juice
- 1Spoon yoghurt into a fine sieve placed over a deep bowl and refrigerate overnight to drain (discard liquid).
- 2For lime and mint jelly, combine sugar and 450ml water in a saucepan and stir over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil, remove from heat and cool, then stir in lime juice. Meanwhile, blanch mint until just wilted (10 seconds), refresh, then squeeze out any excess liquid. Transfer to a food processor, add 160ml lime syrup and process until puréed. Stir through remaining lime syrup then strain through a muslin-lined sieve (discard solids). Heat 250ml lime-mint syrup in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Squeeze excess water from gelatine, add to pan and stir to dissolve. Stir into remaining lime-mint syrup, transfer to a 1.5-litre container and refrigerate until set (3-4 hours).
- 3Meanwhile, for coconut cake, preheat oven to 180C. Combine flour, sugar, coconut, lime rind and baking powder in a bowl and mix to combine. Add coconut milk, butter and eggs, stir to combine, then stir in lime juice. Spread into a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan lined with baking paper and bake until cake is light golden and centre springs back when lightly pressed (40-45 minutes). Cool completely and store wrapped in plastic wrap until required.
- 4Transfer yoghurt to a bowl, add cream and sugar and whisk to combine.
- 5Spoon lime and mint jelly into ten 250ml glasses, coarsely crumble over coconut cake and drizzle with a little coconut liqueur. Spoon over yoghurt mixture, then passionfruit pulp, then repeat, finishing with passionfruit pulp. Refrigerate until required.