You'll need to begin this recipe the day before.
Mango and raspberry salad
- 165 gm golden caster sugar (¾ cup)
- 3 pieces lemon rind, removed with a peeler
- 1 cup mint leaves (loosely packed)
- 50 ml lemon liqueur
- 2 mangoes, thinly sliced
- 125 gm raspberries
- 4 egg yolks
- 150 gm white sugar (2/3 cup)
- 80 ml passionfruit juice (1/3 cup)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 250 ml pouring cream, lightly whipped (1 cup)
- 1 passionfruit, pulp only
- 1For passionfruit semifreddo, whisk egg yolks in an electric mixer for 5-7 minutes or until pale and fluffy. Combine sugar and passionfruit juice in a small saucepan and stir over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until syrupy, then add to egg yolks, whisking continuously until mixture is cold. Fold in cream and passionfruit pulp, transfer to a container and freeze for 6 hours or overnight until firm. Makes about 750ml.
- 2Combine sugar, lemon rind and ½ cup water in a small saucepan and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves, then bring to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat, add mint and lemon liqueur and stand until cool, then strain, reserving lemon rind and syrup. Refrigerate until cold. Makes about 1 cup.
- 3To serve, combine mango, raspberries and reserved rind in a bowl, drizzle with syrup and toss gently. Serve mango and raspberry salad with scoops of passionfruit semifreddo.