- 2 white onions, diced
- 800 ml apple cider vinegar
- 200 ml malt vinegar
- 400 gm caster sugar
- 80 gm ginger, half grated, remainder cut into julienne
- 1.4 kg ripe but firm peaches, unpeeled, halved, stones removed, coarsely chopped
- 180 gm sultanas
- 1Combine onion, vinegars, sugar, ginger and 2 tsp salt in a large saucepan over high heat and stir occasionally until reduced by half (15 minutes). Add peaches and stir occasionally, adding sultanas halfway through cooking time, until tender and jam-like, (30-40 minutes). Set aside to cool.
- 2Meanwhile, sterilise jars and lids in a large saucepan of boiling water, boil over high heat for 10 minutes, carefully remove jars and lids with tongs and set aside open-side up to cool.
- 3Follow steps 6-8 of <b><a href="/recipes/recipe-search/masterclass/2012/12/pickled-radishes/">pickled radish recipe</a></b>.
Note Makes about 1.5 litres. Fruit doesn't need to be salted before pickling, though we recommend adding a little salt to the pickling liquid. Peach and ginger chutney will keep stored in a cool, dry, dark place for three months. You'll need to begin this recipe two weeks ahead.