This refreshing drink is somewhere between a Champagne cocktail and a punch. You can leave the peaches and nectarines to macerate in the liquor overnight, if you like. The fruit may end up looking slightly less appealing, but the flavours will mingle even better.
- 6 ripe peaches, stones removed, cut into wedges
- 4 white nectarines, stones removed, cut into wedges
- 70 gm (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 120 ml peach schnapps
- 100 ml brandy
- To serve: baby mint leaves and sparkling marsanne
- 1Combine peaches and nectarines in a bowl with sugar, cover with schnapps and brandy and refrigerate to macerate (15-20 minutes). Divide fruit mixture among serving glasses, scatter with mint leaves, fill to taste with sparkling marsanne, stir and serve.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am