Kombucha is low in sugar so it freezes nicely. The key to this dish is to have super-ripe peaches full of flavour and sweetness - we've added very little syrup to the granita, though it can be adjusted to suit your taste.
- 2 peaches, pitted and thinly sliced
- 60 gm (about ½ punnet) blackberries
- 60 gm (about ½ punnet) blueberries
- shiso leaves (optional; see note), to serve
- 2 peaches, coarsely chopped
- 400 ml kombucha
- 60 gm rice malt syrup, or to taste
- 1½ tsp coarsely grated ginger
- 1For ginger-kombucha granita, process ingredients in a blender until very smooth. Pour into a deep tray and freeze, scraping occasionally with a fork to form crystals, until frozen (6 hours or overnight). Scrape to loosen 30 minutes before serving, and return to freezer.
- 2Chill a platter. Spoon granita over the platter, top with peaches, berries and shiso leaves and serve immediately.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am