You'll need to begin this recipe the day before.
- 750 ml prosecco
- 330 gm white sugar (1½ cups)
- 1 orange, juice and zested rind only
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 6 ripe peaches
- 4 leaves gelatine (titanium strength), softened in cold water
- 1Combine prosecco, sugar, orange juice and rind, vanilla bean and seeds and ½ cup water in a saucepan and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Add peaches, cover closely with a round of baking paper and weight using a small plate. Bring just to the boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until peaches are just tender. Remove from heat, remove plate and paper and cool peaches completely in syrup, then remove from syrup and peel. Strain syrup through a fine sieve over peaches, reserving 3 cups for jelly. Store peaches covered in the refrigerator until required.
- 2Place 1 cup reserved syrup in a small saucepan and warm over medium heat. Squeeze excess water from gelatine, add gelatine to pan and stir until gelatine dissolves. Stir gelatine mixture into remaining reserved peach syrup and pour into six ½ cup-capacity dariole moulds and refrigerate overnight or until set.
- 3To serve, unmould jellies and serve with poached peaches drizzled with a little of the remaining poaching syrup.