- 250 gm mixed red lettuce leaves, such as red cos, red velvet, red oak and radicchio
- 3 red sensation pears, cut into thin wedges
- 1 punnet baby purple cabbage cress, trimmed (see note)
- 1 punnet baby red sorrel, trimmed
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 30 ml walnut white wine vinegar (see note)
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp thyme
- Pinch sugar, or to taste
- 1For dressing, whisk ingredients in a bowl to combine, season to taste.
- 2Combine lettuce, pear, cress and sorrel in a large bowl, drizzle with walnut and thyme dressing, toss lightly to combine, serve immediately.
Note Baby purple cabbage cress and baby red sorrel are available from select greengrocers. If unavailable, substitute other baby cress. Walnut white wine vinegar is available from select delicatessens. If unavailable, substitute a good quality white wine vinegar.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsWhere to eat, sleep and visit in Melbourne right nowYesterday 8:00pm