- 1 long baguette, halved lengthways
- For drizzling: olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- To serve: goat's curd
Pear and frisée salad
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp pepitas
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Juice of ½ lemon, or to taste
- 1 cup (loosely packed) frisée
- 1 firm William pear, halved and thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 1 Granny Smith apple, halved and thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 1Preheat grill to high. Place baguette cut-side up on a baking tray, drizzle with oil and grill until golden and toasted (2-3 minutes). Rub with cut side of garlic, season to taste, halve crossways and spread with goat’s curd.
- 2For salad, heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, add pepitas and stir occasionally until golden and toasted (1-2 minutes), then tip oil and pepitas into a bowl. Add vinegar and lemon juice, season to taste, then add frisée, pear and apple, toss to combine and serve with goat’s curd toasts.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Restaurant NewsSurf’s up: Three Blue Ducks is coming to MelbourneYesterday 11:00pm