The secret of these sandwiches' success is keeping the duck warm after you've brought it home, or reheating it gently before using it. Use a very sharp, serrated knife and cut them with extra care to keep them from falling apart when you're halving them.
- ½ Chinese roast duck, shredded
- 60 ml (¼ cup) hoisin
- 60 ml (¼ cup) plum sauce
- 16 slices soft white bread, to serve
- 100 gm mayonnaise mixed with 3 tsp lime juice and 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 3 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1Combine warm duck, hoisin and plum sauces in a bowl and toss well to combine.
- 2Spread bread slices with mayonnaise mixture to taste, shake off excess marinade from duck and arrange over half the slices, top with cucumber, scatter with spring onions then sandwich with the remaining bread, remove crusts, cut in half and serve while the duck is still warm.
Drink Suggestion: Juicy young pinot noir. Drink suggestion by Max Allen