You'll need to begin this recipe a day ahead.
- For lining: rice paper
- 500 ml thickened cream, whisked to soft peaks and refrigerated (2 cups)
- 1 qty <b><a href='/recipes/recipe-search/masterclass/2008/8/italian-meringue/'>Italian meringue</a></b>
- 200 gm Turkish delight, finely chopped
- 200 gm pistachios, coarsely chopped
- To serve: pistachio pashmak, rose syrup and Iranian confetti (see note), optional
- 1Line an 8cm x 8cm x 32cm terrine mould with plastic wrap, then line base and sides with rice paper and set aside.
- 2Fold cream through Italian meringue with a plastic spatula. Fold through Turkish delight and pistachios, then spoon into prepared mould. Smooth top, cover with rice paper, trim edges flush, then freeze overnight.
- 3To serve, turn out nougat glacé from mould, thickly slice with a warmed serrated knife and serve with pistachio pashmak, rose syrup and Iranian confetti.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am