- 150 gm (¾ cup) red quinoa (see note), rinsed under cold running water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ¾ tsp ground cayenne
- 750 ml (3 cups) chicken stock
- 600 gm baby Otway red potatoes (see note), scrubbed and halved
- 400 gm canned tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 corn cobs, kernels removed and reserved
- 18 green king prawns, peeled, cleaned, tails intact
- 100 gm cow’s milk feta, broken into chunks
- To serve: baby English spinach leaves
- 1Cook quinoa in a saucepan of boiling water until tender (10 minutes), drain and set aside.
- 2Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add onion and garlic and stir occasionally until soft (8-10 minutes). Add spices, stir until fragrant (1 minute). Add stock, potato and tomato, and stir occasionally until potato is tender (20-25 minutes). Add corn, cook for 5 minutes, add prawns, cook until pink and cooked through (3-5 minutes). Scatter quinoa, feta and spinach over chupe to serve.
Note Red quinoa is available from select delicatessens and health food stores. If unavailable, substitute white or pearl quinoa. Baby Otway red potatoes are available from select delicatessens and greengrocers. If unavailable, substitute another baby potato.
Drink Suggestion: A cold bottle of lager. Drink suggestion by Max Allen
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm