You'll need to begin this recipe 3 days ahead.
- 8 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 sprig fresh bay leaves
- 1 tsp black peppercorns, cracked
- 500 ml good-quality aged white wine vinegar (2 cups)
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp sea salt flakes
- 1Prick eggs through shells with a pin, cook in boiling water over medium heat until cooked (8 minutes for medium yolks). Drain, refresh under cold water, peel and place in a jar to fit snugly, layering with bay and peppercorns.
- 2Add vinegar, sugar, salt and 500ml water. Refrigerate until pickled (at least 3 days).
- 3Meanwhile, for coriander salt, dry-roast coriander seeds until fragrant (10-20 seconds). Cool, coarsely crush. Stir through salt and serve with pickled eggs.
Drink Suggestion: Aromatic wheat beer. Drink suggestion by Max Allen