- 200 gm caster sugar
- 200 ml rice wine vinegar
- 3 Lebanese cucumbers, quartered lengthways
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed and halved
- 1 bunch baby heirloom carrots, trimmed, large ones halved
- 2 nashi, cut into wedges
- 60 gm mild blue cheese, such as Gorgonzola, coarsely crumbled
- 1 golden shallot, finely chopped
- ½ garlic clove, finely grated
- 150 gm sour cream
- 80 gm mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1Stir sugar, rice wine vinegar and 250ml water in a saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves, bring to the simmer, then set aside to cool. Pour into a non-reactive container, add vegetables and nashi, cover with baking paper and a plate to keep submerged. Refrigerate to pickle (4-6 hours). Before serving, drain well, place in a bowl and drizzle with a little oil.
- 2For blue-cheese dip, process ingredients in a food processor until smooth, season to taste, and serve scattered with chives and sesame seeds, with pickled vegetables for dipping.