- 150 gm baby green beans, trimmed
- 1 kg heirloom tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 500 gm heirloom cherry tomatoes, larger ones halved
- 1 celery heart, thinly sliced, leaves reserved
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp celery seeds and fennel seeds
- 2 allspice
- 1 kg cooked prawns, cleaned, tails intact
- 250 ml lemon juice, plus ½ lemon, thinly sliced into rounds (1 cup)
- 250 ml white wine vinegar (1 cup)
- 4 golden shallots, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- ½ fennel bulb, thinly sliced on a mandolin, fronds reserved
- 1 long red chilli, split
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 250 ml extra-virgin olive oil (1 cup)
- 60 ml lime juice (¼ cup)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 25 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ garlic clove, grated on a microplane
- 1For pickled prawns, crush spices in a mortar and pestle. Combine with remaining ingredients, except oil, in a large bowl, season to taste and pack into a large sterilised jar or container. Top with oil and leave to marinate in the fridge overnight. Pickled prawns will keep refrigerated for 3 days.
- 2For lime-Tabasco dressing, whisk ingredients together in a bowl, season generously to taste and set aside until required.
- 3Blanch beans until bright green (30 seconds), then drain and refresh. Combine in a large bowl with tomato, celery and celery leaves, drizzle with a little dressing, season to taste and serve with grilled bread and pickled prawns.
Drink Suggestion: Chilled vodka. Drink suggestion by Max Allen