- 300 gm piece veal fillet, trimmed
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- ¼ cup (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley
- 40 gm truffle pecorino, shaved
Sea salt grissini
- 1 tsp (about ½ sachet) dried yeast
- 125 gm “00” flour
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Lemon and anchovy dressing
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 60 ml lemon juice (¼ cup)
- 2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- 1For sea salt grissini, preheat oven to 180C. Combine yeast, a pinch of flour and 125ml lukewarm water in a bowl, stir to dissolve yeast and set aside until foamy (5-7 minutes). Combine remaining flour and 1 tsp sea salt flakes in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre, pour in yeast mixture and olive oil, mix to form a dough, turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic (5-7 minutes). Place in a lightly oiled bowl, turn to coat, cover and set aside until doubled in size (50 minutes-1 hour). Divide dough into walnut-sized pieces, then stretch and roll each piece on a lightly floured surface to form a thin cylinder about 25cm long. Place on oven trays lined with baking paper, scatter with sea salt and bake in batches until golden and crisp (10-12 minutes), then cool completely. Makes about 20.
- 2Wrap veal in plastic wrap, rolling ends to form a tight even cylinder, and place in the freezer to chill and firm (30 minutes).
- 3For lemon and anchovy dressing, whisk ingredients in a small bowl to combine, season to taste and set aside.
- 4Thinly slice veal with a very sharp knife, carefully remove plastic and arrange on a serving platter. Scatter with radish and parsley, drizzle with dressing, season to taste, scatter with pecorino and serve with sea salt grissini.
This recipe is from the March 2013 issue of Australian Gourmet Traveller.
Drink Suggestion: Youthful savoury nebbiolo. Drink suggestion by Max Allen
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am